It took me a long while to perfect my Grandma Anne’s coleslaw recipe. This creamy coleslaw is as close to her original recipe as I have come! I’ve never been a fan of coleslaw EXCEPT for my Grandma’s coleslaw. This is creamy, crunchy and super delicious!
My mom makes her coleslaw just like my grandmother but my mom doesn’t measure anything. So her telling me what was in the recipe NEVER seemed to be correct. I’m very thankful to my mom for always making it for us. But… I decided it was time to figure it out myself. Many times I have attempted and failed! But not this time!
This creamy coleslaw tastes just like Grandma used to make! However, she didn’t add the purple cabbage or carrots and she chopped the cabbage really fine, but the flavor is exactly like hers! I’m so glad that I finally have a recipe that tastes just like my Grandmothers. She was such a great cook and baker! I sure do miss her!
A great side dish!
A creamy coleslaw just tastes better to my family! We love the creamy milk like dressing in this recipe! So yummy!
As you can see in the above photo, the cabbage and carrot are chopped small. I love my food processor for tasks like this! You can grate the cabbage and carrots if you want a bit larger type slaw.
This creamy coleslaw is great side dish to have with any meal. So delicious! The next time you are craving a good coleslaw, one that is creamy and delicious, this is the recipe for you! 😉
- 1 head of green cabbage chopped small
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage chopped small
- 1 carrot peeled, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs + 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 can evaporated milk can use whole can.
- Using a food processor, chop cabbage and carrot into small pieces. Put in large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mayonnaise mixture into cabbage mixture. Stir.
- Pour evaporated milk over coleslaw. Stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Serve cold.